A super easy recipe for INCREDIBLE Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies. Deliciously chewy in texture with a crisp outer shell, they are also flourless and naturally gluten free. Dairy Free too.
This post uses Affiliate links from which I may earn a small commission. As an Amazon Associate I also earn from qualifying purchases. Commission earned is at no extra cost to yourself. Thank you for supporting this blog.
DON’T LOSE THIS RECIPE… PIN IT FOR LATER…
Quick and Easy Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Check out these Dark and Chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies. Sweet, chocolatey, peanutty, chewy yumciousness and a favourite recipe at GFHQ. They are also incredibly easy to make. And that means you can knock up a batch in little more than half an hour.
But let’s be honest… whatever your diet, there’s no better combo than chocolate and peanut for sheer indulgence and cookie comfort. And these babies are laden with nutty, crunchy peanut butter and cocoa and stuffed full of chocolate chips. Be warned… They are TOTALLY addictive.
What 7 store cupboard ingredients are needed for Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies?
Like I said… These cookies are super-easy. And it’s likely you already have the ingredients in the larder. If you haven’t, don’t panic… They are all ingredients that you can probably grab from your nearest corner shop to get baking straight away.
So, what’s in these chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies?
- Some soft Light Brown Sugar – This gives a caramel sweetness and depth of flavour as well as helping the chewy texture. I wouldn’t advise using a white or granular alternative.
- Cocoa Powder – I believe that’s ‘Dutch Processed’ cocoa in the US.
- Bicarbonate of Soda – Just a little to give the cookies a lightness boost.
- Peanut Butter – Crunchy is best for the extra nutty texture it brings.
- Vanilla Extract – Provides extra-sophisticated depth of flavour… But it can be left out if necessary.
- A LARGE egg – Be super-careful to get the right egg size. Not all eggs are equal. And the UK large egg used for this recipe is not the same size the world over… If unsure about how egg size translates, check out my International Egg Size and Weight Guide.
- Dark Chocolate Chunks or Chips – Don’t skimp on these… Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies should have all the indulgence of melty bites of real chocolate! Dark chocolate is definitely best unless you have a very sweet tooth.
Are these cookies dairy free?
Providing the dark chocolate used to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies is milk free and vegan, these cookies are also perfect for dairy-avoiders. So yes… They can easily be made dairy free. And if certified dairy free dark chocolate chips are hard to find, just use bar chocolate. But chop it up into small chunk-size pieces.
Unfortunately, this cookie recipe does need the egg to bind, blend and set, so they are not suitable for Vegans or the egg-intolerant. Sorry.
Ready to make easy, flourless, chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies?
So, if you have the ingredients in the larder, grab a bowl and bake. A delicious chewy pile of Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies is only half an hour away.
Do let me know what you think of them. Pop them on social media with a quick photo and don’t forget to tag me in (#glutenfreealchemist)… I love to see how your bakes turn out. Or leave a comment and rate the recipe so that Google knows to tell other people about them too.
If biscuits and cookies are your thing, head over to our dedicated gluten free Cookies and Biscuits Index. There’s everything from Crinkle Cookies and Almond Shortbread… To Ginger Biscuits and Bourbons.
And for everything else… Check out the full Gluten Free Recipe Index…
Thanks for taking the time to visit Gluten Free Alchemist
Other gluten free Biscuits and Cookies you might like to bake
Chewy Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- 140 g soft light brown sugar
- 25 g cocoa powder
- ¾ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 150 g crunchy peanut butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg lightly beaten (UK large (Canadian ‘Extra Large’; Australian ‘Jumbo’; and US ‘Extra or Very Large’)
- 100 g dark chocolate chunks/chips
- Line 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/170 C(fan)/350 F/ Gas 4.
- Weigh and mix together the sugar, cocoa and bicarbonate of soda, ensuring any lumps of sugar are completely broken down.
- Add the peanut butter, vanilla and egg and stir thoroughly until the mixture is well-combined and even.
- Add the chocolate chunks and mix again until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Divide the dough into approximately 16 even-sized portions, rolling into balls with your hands.
- Flatten each ball slightly between the palms of your hands and place on the baking sheets allowing room for spreading between each.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes, swapping the trays around in the oven half way through cooking to ensure an even bake.
- Remove from the oven and leave on the trays for about 10 minutes until the cookies are firm enough to transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
© 2019-2023 Kate Dowse All Rights Reserved – Do not copy or re-publish this recipe or any part of this recipe on any other blog, on social media or in a publication without the express permission of Gluten Free Alchemist